Peace Poppy Scarf

Recently I posted eleven poppies to the Kendal Wool Gathering in the UK to be used in an installation they are creating in recognition of the centenaries of WWI.  You may read about it here.


The red poppies are made in the traditional colours; the others are my interpretation of a Peace Poppy, with the red to symbolise the sacrifices made by those who served. The white stands for Peace.  Many make Peace Poppies with a black centre and white petals.

I had thought that these poppies would make a lovely scarf if they were joined at the corners of their four petals, but since it takes me close to an hour to crochet one poppy, I couldn't see myself making enough to have a scarf finished in time. Maybe for next year . . .

Then I had an idea! I began to crochet a scarf using the poppy colours and will attach a few poppies at each end. If you would like to create your own peace poppy scarf or traditional poppy scarf, the pattern for the 3 Colour Peace Poppy is available on Ravelry for free (link to be added shortly) and on this blog. I am writing up the scarf pattern and will post it as soon as I complete the scarf and then the pattern. Only one row to go!
3 Colour Peace Poppy

Comments